Friday, January 20, 2023

Just Add Ink #636 Blog Hop | Just Add Your Favourite Challenge

Hello, hello, hello!  Happy Friday! Welcome and thank you for joining me on my blog today. I've  just had a very well deserved and much needed Christmas Break with my family and some time away camping in our caravan. Lots of fun in the sun, stand up paddle boarding, swimming in the lake, swimming at the beach, boating, knee-boarding, 4WD, reading a few books and lots of all-round summer fun! Was so good to be away in the great outdoors of Australia. Back to reality now.

  Over at Just Add Ink, to kick off the first challenge for the year we are commencing 2023 with a blog hop to go with the new challenge. Our theme for this hop and the challenge is 'Just Add Your Favourite'. I love this theme and how much scope it gives you for your project. I could have made a few different projcts with this fantastic theme.


 If you've been following along here for a while you would be able to pick what my favourites would be just by looking at my card. For all the newere folk around here one of my most absolute favourite things on a card is Black and White Stripes. I don't know what it is about black and white stripes that I love so much but when I see them on anything I'm a sucker for it and have to have it.

 The other things that are my favourites on my projects are florals, anything pink, any colouring medium (I've used water colour with a Water Painter here today), Vellum, Linen Thread, and Pearls (my birth stone). All these things put together make for a goreous and pretty card and I don love me a pretty card.

I cut the black and white 1cm strips using my paper trimmer and then used the stamped images and dies from the Stampin' Up! Framed Florets bundle for the other elements on the card.

I think this card would look fabulous recreated in different colours. Might have to try those ideas on my next projects.

Next up on the blog hop is Kerry Bunting with her amazing creation. Make sure you click your way around to everyone on the hop as there are lots of gorgeous creations and lots of different takes on our 'Just Add Your Favourite' theme.

 
 Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!
Live in Australia?
Shop for Stampin' Up! with Me 24/7 HERE
 
Recreate this project at home using the following Stampin' Up! products.  Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Rochelle. The soft, pretty flowers look fabulous against the bold B&W stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect mix of pretty and dramatic Rochelle. Love this. Simply stunning. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Rochelle, the black and white stripes are stunning background for your lovely soft floral frame

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so you, Rochelle. The combination of black & white, stripes and the pink florals is always so chic I think. Gorgeous!
    Di :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pretty flowers really pop of the B&W striped background Rochelle. A very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, I love all the details! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the softness of the pink flowers against the bold stripes - what a gorgeous contrast. Beautiful card Rochelle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card Rochelle! I love the drama of the bold black and white stripes paired with the soft pink and water coloured florals. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.