Friday, April 9, 2021

Just Add Ink #549 | Just Choose Two

 Hello stamping friends. Welcome to the newest challenge for Just Add Ink. We have a Just Choose Two Challenge which are super fun! I haven't done a Just Choose Two for a while so it's nice to have a change up in the challenge schedule.

If you've not seen our Just Choose Two Challenges they are super fun and offer a whole range of inspiration to get creative. How they work are is that we suggest 3 different elements that we want to see in in your challenge project and then you choose two of them to work with. It's as simple as that!

With the choices on offer this week Feathers - Leaves - Petals, I've gone for Leaves and Petals, but if you've been following me for a while you would know that leaves and petals was a bit of a given. I can't resist creating with anything floral.

I'm using the True Love 12" X 12" DSP again and some coloured flowers that you may have seen before. I made a card with these coloured flowers way back in January (you can see it HERE) and I had some of the flowers left over to use for another day. And today was just that day!

I coloured the flowers in using Copic Markers and used a flicking technique rather than blending each colour. Hold your marker right near the nib and gently and quickly flick the marker away from you to make 'streaks' of colour. I like to start with the darkest colour and then graduate to the lightest. I love the 'streaky' effect and the look of texture that this Flicking Technique gives. Gorgeous!

 Copics Used

Pink Flowers - R85, R83, R81
Purple Flowers - BV04, BV02, BV00
Leaves - G99, G94, G21

I've layered Shimmery White, Basic Black and some of the True Love DSP for the base layers of the card and then added an embossed Basic Black panel embossed with my favourite embossing folder, Subtle 3D (super sad that is retiring 😭). I've then finished off the card with the Elegant Faceted Gems, Gold Trim from the Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack and the Happy Birthday from the Blossoms in Bloom Stamp Set.

There are lots of AMAZING creations from the rest of the Just Add Ink Design Team on the JAI Blog. Go and check out to see what 'two' they all used this week and then while you are there you can see how you can enter your project. Can't wait to see what 'two' you choose.  

Thanks so much for stopping by!
 Happy Stamping!

Live in Australia?
Shop for Stampin' Up! with Me 24/7 HERE
 
  Recreate this project at home using the following Stampin' Up! products.  Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.
 

1 comment:

  1. Just beautiful Rochelle! Thanks for the detail around your colouring technique, it's really effective - I have added that to my 'to try' list. You never fail to create magic with florals and this card is no exception. I am with you mourning the loss of the Subtles EF too - how will I ever craft without it?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.