Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Colour Inkspiration Challenge #89

 Hello there stamping friends! Welcome again to my blog. I hope that you are having a fabulous day! The sun is out here in Melbourne and I've spent some time in the crafting corner playing and creating with some products from the Stampin' Up! Aug - Dec 2020 Mini Catalouge. I saw the challenge over at Colour INKspiration - Challenge #89 and I just had to join in and play along.

I do love a traditional Christmas colour combination and this one that they have for this challenge is stunning! The lighter green in Just Jade and the darker green in Shaded Spruce and then the gorgeous pop of colour from the Poppy Parade.

Click on the colour name to see all the Stampin' Up! products in that colour.

 I've used the colour combination for a bit of colouring with the Stampin' Up! Stampin' Blends Alcohol Markers and for something I love to do I've use Gray Granite Cardstock as my colouring base. Using the Stampin' Blends markers of a coloured cardstock is an easy and fantstic way to get a different look to each colour marker without using a millon markers to do it.

I've stamped the images with Memento Ink and then coloured in the images using the Stampin' Blends. If you are wanting to try colouring with the Blends on coloured cardstock the best cardstock colours to use are the lighter Neutrals like Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand. Smoky Slate, Gray Granite.

I die cut the images out using my Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine and then layered the die cut images with some of the die cut pieces from the Forever Gold Laser-Cut Specialty Paper. What's a Christmas card without something gold or sparkly? All Christmas cards need that shimmer and shine.

Because I wanted those gorgeous colours to be main attraction to my card I've kept my base layers to white by using Shimmery White, Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper and Vellum and then used Linen Thread for a little bit of trim. I've then finished the card of with an embossed sentiment from the Curvy Christmas Stamp set, the beautiful Beaded Pearls and a few Pearl Basic Jewels scattered around the card.

I do hope you like my take on this colour challenge and have inspired you to colour with alcohol markers on coloured cardstock. You'll love the different look that it gives to each colour. 

Stampin' Blends Used
Poinsettia - Poppy Parade Dark and Light, Flirty Flamingo Dark
Leaves - Shaded Spruce Dark, Just Jade Dark and Light

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!

Live in Australia?
Shop for Stampin' Up! with Me 24/7 HERE
 
 Recreate this project using the following Stampin' Up! products.  Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.