Wednesday, October 16, 2019

TGIF Challenges | #TGIF233 Sketch Challenge

Hello there stamping friends! Welcome to my blog. Today I'm playing along and entering my card in the challenge over at TGIF Challenges | TGIF #233. It's been a few weeks since I've posted on here with my kids school holidays and then I wasn't feeling 100%, it made it difficult to get in the craft room and get creative. The kids are back at school and I'm feeling heaps better so this weeks challenge over at TGIF really helped to get those creative ideas flowing.

http://tgifchallenges.blogspot.com/2019/10/tgif233-sketch-challenge.html

TGIF Challenges have a fabulous sketch challenge and I may have taken the sketch a little too literally. Which is not like me at all. I usually change up a sketch challenge and go a little rogue. The stripes and the flowers were just calling out for a black and white striped background with a big, bold flower from, still my favourite, Good Morning Magnolia stamp set.


I'm such a sucker for a striped background and the Black and White stripe is such a classic look and it goes with just about anything. I cut 15 strips of cardstock measuring 1cm x 10.1cm and then adhered them onto a cardstock base in the black and white stripe pattern. Over that I added a Gold Stampin' Emboss splatter  to give the stripes a 'modern' look.


Over the stripes I thought the gorgeous magnolia would be the perfect addition to the beautiful background. According to the all knowing Google, pink is one of the most common colours for magnolia blossoms. Don't you just love that big pink blossom against the black and white? Such a gorgeous contrast.

Stampin’ Blends used:
  • Magnolia: Rococo Rose Dark ; Rococo Rose Light; Flirty Flamingo Light
  • Leaves: Mossy Meadow Dark; Mossy Meadow Light
  • Branch: Crumb Cake Dark; Crumb Cake Light

Because the striped background and the magnolia blossom are so striking, I felt the card didn't need much else other than the Hello sentiment, a little bit of ribbon and a light scattering of embellishments to finish it off.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!

Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7

Recreate this project at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

1 comment:

  1. This may be literal but it's fabulous too! Such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.