Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Kelly's Stamping Friends Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to a super special blog hop for my fabulous friend Kelly Kent! Kelly is celebrating 5 years of being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator so she thought she would celebrate with a blog hop. Because of the fabulous response from her stamping friends you are now hopping on night two of this fabulous celebration blog hop.

I've had the pleasure of being on the Just Add Ink design team with Kelly over the past year and had the pleasure of meeting her in person at last years On Stage Live event in Brisbane.

I love the idea of celebrating SU milestones with a blog hop and sharing this special occasion with all your stamping friends and I'm super happy to play along.

You may have come here from Billie Moan or you are just starting here with me. Either way you are in for a blog hop treat!


The overall theme for the hop is 'Happy' and usually I would make a birthday card with some sort of 'Happy Birthday' sentiment splashed across the front but I'm actually thinking more along the lines of happy mail in the form of a RAK (Random Acts of Kindness) card. #happymail #makeacardsendacard

We all love getting handmade cards in the mail and that makes us happy (especially when there are no bills with it either). Well it makes me happy and I just love seeing these handmade treasures in the post.

I had a play with a new stamp set 'Pieces & Patterns' which you can get TOMORROW (June 1st)!!! Oh yeah!! I've also teamed up the stamp set with the DSP that co-ordinates with this set - Pick a Pattern. A fun stamp set teamed with a super cute DSP! Love it!


I first started with a water colour wash of Flirty Flamingo. The water pooled quite heavily in one section so I turned the cardstock around a bit and then some of the water colour ink ran across the cardstock. Makes for a fun look like that.

Over the Flirty Flamingo I then flick the brush tip end of the Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker over the whole Shimmery White layer. I love the look of the splatters across the cardstock. 


Then using the Sahara Sand ink I repeatedly stamped 'Enjoy Today' either in full strength ink, stamped off once and even stamped off twice. I love the different variations in the strength of the 'Enjoy Today' background.









 I then used White Stampin' Emboss Powder to stamp the 'Hello There' circle on Basic Black cardstock and then fussy cut that out. The little flower also comes from Pieces and Patterns set. Its all finished off with some strips of the DSP down the side and then some of my favourite trims that have fortunately carried over to the new catalogue that starts tomorrow! WOOHOO!

Congratulations Kelly on you 5 years with SU and all the hard work you've done. Here's to another 5 (or more fabulous years)! Cheers!


Next on the hop is super talented Kayla Renee MacAulay in Tasmania, Australia . 

http://www.stampinwithkayla.com/2017/05/tickled-pink-for-you-kellys-stamping.html

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7


 Recreate these cards at home using the following Stamin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

 (Australian Residents Only)

21 comments:

  1. Hi Rochelle, I love all the elements on your card!! It really is unique with that technique!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty Rochelle I love the watercolour wash background in the flamingo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Rochelle - always good to be reminded to use those favourite trims instead of stashing them, and that we can add texture with a tiny bit of spatters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love it! Really amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is absolutely gorgeous!...B!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm falling in love with this stamp set after seeing your card. Love the cute flower perched on the edge of the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, Rochelle! I love the stamping you've added to your background and your layers of DSP are a gorgeous effect too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this style, gorgeous Rochelle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card, and happy mail is fun to send - right?
    I like the repeat word stamping - great idea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning Rochelle. Lots of beautiful in your 'Happy' creation. D ♡

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I first saw your card, I thought it was so simple, but then I read what you did to create it! Absolutely amazing that so much work looks so CAS. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What's fun about cards like your is everyone sees something different in artwork. I see an Indian girl in the night, (cause her "eyes" are yellow). I'm sure others see something else. Any hoo it's still a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. As usual you don't disappoint with lots of little details. Love the watercolour and marker splatters. Such a great idea to make a RAK card, Rochelle. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just beautiful, Rochelle! I love the contrast between the soft watercolour wash, and the bold, dramatic, strip of DSP. So many sweet details to catch the eye. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Rochelle! Your attention to details and technique always inspires me. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! I always love the little design elements you add Rochelle that make your cards stunning. Love the idea of using the sentiment as a background. Thanks for always inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, just wow! I love your card and added it to my list to CASE :)
    Greetings from the Netherlands,
    Danielle
    Mrs. Brightside

    ReplyDelete
  19. Rochelle this is just beautiful! Thank you for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card, as always Rochelle x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love!!! Thanks for being constantly inspiring Rochelle! It was an honor to have you on my stampinversary hop! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.